- CWD's Focus on Fitness and Nutrition conference in Baltimore is this week.
- If you have diabetes and a dream, Bayer HealthCare might award you $300,000 to make those dreams a reality! For contest rules, visit Ascensia Dream Fund or call 1-800-332-3210. Contest expires Sept. 12, 2003, so get your application in soon.
- DRI Foundation Seeks Children's Artwork for Kids for Kids Holiday Kard Kampaign. Entries must be submitted by September 5, 2003.
- Danny is 13, lives in Wisconsin and was diagnosed in December 2002.
- Jenna is 10 and lives in Canada.
- Drew is 17 and uses a pump.
- Megan is 8 and lives in Norfolk, England.
- Zach is 14 and loves Camp Needlepoint.
- We've updated our page about hyperglycemia and ketone testing.
- Read the transcript from last week's Pumping with Natalie - Pumps and 504 Plans chat.
- Read the transcript from last week's Nutrition with Judy - Lunch for 180 More Days and Counting chat.
- Read the transcript from last week's 504 Plans chat with Steph Schwartz.
- The Tour of the Ozarks bicycle excursion benefits the Diabetes Education Fund.
- Trivia Night on September 5, 2003 at United Church of Christ in Marine, Illinois benefits the JDRF.
- Women and teenage girls with type 1 diabetes are needed for an Eating and Body Image Study.
- With the start of school upon us in the northern hemisphere, it's time for parents to review their children's diabetes care plans. Here are some places to start:
- Diabetes at School contains a wealth of information to help you get started.
- Diabetes Management at School offers 24 pages for you to print and customize to your child's needs.
- Our Sample 504 Plans can help you prepare a 504 plan for your child. 504 plans are used in the United States by any child whose school receives federal funding.
- Diabetes in Canadian Schools offers advice by province.
- Evidence for a primary islet autoantigen (preproinsulin 1) for insulitis and diabetes in the nonobese diabetic mouse. See also Insulin Gene Found Central to Type 1 Diabetes Development in Animal Model.
- Simultaneous pancreas-kidney transplant from living related donor: a single-center experience.
- Remission and regression of diabetic nephropathy.
- Environmental risk factors for type 1 diabetes in Rome and province.
- Comparative study of the development of diabetes mellitus in patients taking risperidone and olanzapine. See also Antipsychotic-induced type 2 diabetes: evidence from a large health plan database.
- Type 2 and other forms of diabetes in 0–30 year olds: a hospital based study in Leeds, UK.
- Pregnancy in women with Type 2 diabetes: 12 years outcome data 1990-2002.
- Motivational/solution-focused intervention improves HbA1c in adolescents with Type 1 diabetes: a pilot study.
- Incidence of sight-threatening retinopathy in Type 1 diabetes in a systematic screening programme.
- Is digital image compression acceptable within diabetic retinopathy screening?
- Gastric Emptying of Solid and Liquid Meals in Healthy Controls Compared with Long-Term Type-1 Diabetes Mellitus under Optimal Glucose Control.
- Beneficial effects of insulin versus sulphonylurea on insulin secretion and metabolic control in recently diagnosed type 2 diabetic patients.
- N.C. Law Gives Children Ability To Monitor, Manage Diabetes At School.
- Transplant can help diabetes patients.
- Local woman part of international experiment on diabetes treatment.
- Is there a type 1.5 diabetes?
- Exercise out-muscle diabetes.
- Last week's poll asked visitors about themselves. This week's poll asks readers about the insulin regimen they use.
- Our featured page from The Diabetes Monitor is Advice to new patients with Type 2 Diabetes.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling"" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Taking Diabetes to School by Kim Gosselin.
- Our page about Insulin Pens and Pen-like Devices is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:00
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.