February 13-15, 2004
Four Points Hotel by Sheraton
San Antonio River Walk North
July 14-17, 2004
Universal City, California
Of Continuing Interest
- BROTHER, the Australian band that provided awesome entertainment at the 2003 Friends for Life conference, will donate 10% of sales of their CDs and accessories to Children with Diabetes and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. So if you're looking for a musical holiday gift, or want to relive the magic of the Friends for Life banquet, visit the bro-shop online store. You can also listen to Crazy, one of their songs.
- CDA Camps Morton and Lion Maxwell are looking for a new Camp Director for the 2004 camping season. Applications are due by December 31, 2003.
- The Barton Center for Diabetes has two openings for Assistant Camp Director.
New This Week
- Registration information for the 2004 Friends for Life conference is now online.
- CWD families share holiday wishes.
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- Camp Aldersgate is a co-ed resident camp in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Camp Earthworks is a day camp for kids in Springfield, Missouri.
- Camp Setebaid® is a camp for kids 8 to 17 in Pennsylvania.
- Harrisburg Diabetic Youth Camp is a camp for kids in north central Pennsylvania.
- Setebaid® Family Retreat offers a weekend camping experience for families in Pennsylvania.
- Setebaid® Teen Retreats offer winter and summer retreats for teens in Pennsylvania.
- The National Diabetes Education Program offers Resources on Children and Adolescents.
- The Basics: Human Insulin, Insulin Analogs, and Premixed Insulin Analogs is a continuing education monograph for pharmacists, nurses, and dietitians offered by Novo Nordisk. Registration is required. You can type anything in the field that asks for a license number, though you won't get CE credit without a valid license.
- Read the transcript from last week's chat with Nicole Johnson and Mr. Food.
- Read the transcript from last week's Pumping and Winter Challenges chat.
- Use of cod liver oil during the first year of life is associated with lower risk of childhood-onset type 1 diabetes: a large, population-based, case-control study.
- Nutritional risk predictors of beta cell autoimmunity and type 1 diabetes at a young age.
- Randomised prospective study for the effect of therapy on residual beta cell function in type-1 diabetes mellitus.
- Measuring self-reported, health-related, quality of life in adolescents with type 1 diabetes using both generic and disease-specific instruments.
- Islet Cell Transplantation Associated with Severe Complications, Often Imperfect Glycaemia Control.
- Researchers Look To Stem Cell Therapy And Bone Marrow Transplants To Find A Cure For Diabetes. See also Stem Cells 101 from the American Society of Hematology annual meeting.
- Scientists discover connection between obesity and diabetes. See also Altered glucose homeostasis in proopiomelanocortin-null mouse mutants lacking central and peripheral melanocortin.
- Effect of pramlintide on A1C and body weight in insulin-treated African Americans and Hispanics with type 2 diabetes: A pooled post hoc analysis.
- Life as a doctor with diabetes.
- The journey to metabolic control in diabetes: Many more miles to go.
- Reduced hypoglycemic episodes and improved glycemic control in children with type 1 diabetes using insulin glargine and neutral protamine hagedorn insulin.
- Huge numbers must change lifestyle to prevent epidemic of diabetes examines the challenge of type 2 diabetes.
- Meal modulation of circulating interleukin 18 and adiponectin concentrations in healthy subjects and in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Recent clinical trials of iodixanol.
- Association between panic disorder, major depressive disorder and celiac disease: a possible role of thyroid autoimmunity.
- Joslin to launch Bahrain diabetes center.
- No Charitable Thoughts for Celebrities Cashing In.
- We've added three new recipes, courtesy of Mr. Food:
- Almond Fudge Brownies
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Oven Fried Drumsticks
- Recipe*Zaar has an extensive collection of diabetic recipes.
- Last week's poll asked readers what they think is the hardest part of diabetes. This week's poll asks readers injection users how many injections they take per day.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Diabetes Burnout: What To Do When You Can't Take It Anymore by William Polonsky.
- Our page about Flying with Diabetes is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:01
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.