July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Of Continuing Interest
- Families struggling to pay for diabetes supplies can apply for short-term assistance from Supplies for Children with Diabetes, part of the Children with Diabetes Foundation.
- The ADA is seeking applications for the next National Youth Advocate.
- The T.H.O.R. Foundation announces their grant and scholarship applications have opened for the year 2004. The T.H.O.R. Foundation provides scholarships for families to attend CWD's annual Friends for Life conference.
- The Barton Center for Diabetes has two openings for Assistant Camp Director.
New This Week
- IDYA Devin Jackson and All Star Angels Take First Place in Cheerleading Competition
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- Camp Carolina Trails offers A Week of Fun and Friendship for kids in North Carolina.
- Camp Clara Barton provides summer camping, a coed Adventure Camp for high school students with diabetes, and year-round weekend programs for youth with diabetes, families and friends.
- Camp Coqui is located in the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville, North Carolina.
- Camp Enscore is a day camp in Clemmons, North Carolina.
- Camp Korelitz in Clarksville, Ohio, between Cincinnati and Columbus, offers camp for kids ages 8 to 14.
- Camp Leo near Tacoma, Washington, offers kids a wonderful time in the great outdoors.
- Lion's Camp Hickory is a day camp on the Seneca River for children with type 1 diabetes.
- The epidemiology of Type 1 diabetes mellitus is not the same in young adults as in children.
- White blood count as a predictor of glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity.
- Immunologic and genetic aspects of latent autoimmune diabetes in the adult.
- All-cause mortality in diabetic patients treated with combinations of sulfonylureas and biguanides.
- The Steno Diabetes Study.
- Hepatocyte Growth Factor Gene Therapy for Pancreatic Islets in Diabetes: Reducing the Minimal Islet Transplant Mass Required in a Glucocorticoid-Free Rat Model of Allogeneic Portal Vein Islet Transplantation . See also Gene therapy technique could aid islet transplants for diabetes, says Pittsburgh study.
- Autoreactive T cell responses show proinflammatory polarization in diabetes but a regulatory phenotype in health.
- Reimbursement for Pediatric Diabetes Intensive Case Management: A Model for Chronic Diseases? Free full text online as HTML or PDF.
- A Short History of Pediatric Endocrinology in North America.
- Habitual fish consumption and glycated haemoglobin: The EPIC-Norfolk Study.
- Home Blood Pressure Monitoring and Diabetes.
- Checking Your Blood Pressure at Home.
- Obesity in America: It’s Getting Worse.
- Osteoporosis: An Under-appreciated Complication of Diabetes.
- Resistance exercise decreases the need for insulin in overweight women with gestational diabetes mellitus.
- Nutrition and diabetes focuses on type 2 diabetes.
- Strongly positive tissue transglutaminase antibody assays without celiac disease.
- 5-Year-Old Saves Mom's Life.
- Diabetes and public perceptions.
- Malloy winning the battle of his life.
- Man with Diabetes Conquered Peak in the Andes.
- Glucon Inc. to Present at Medtech Insight's "Investment In Innovation" Conference.
- Last week's poll asked readers about the insulin pump they use. This week's poll asks readers at what age they think it's appropriate to tell kids about the complications of diabetes.
- Brand New from Ascensia Breeze Meter only $9.95 after $40 Manufacturer's rebate from Diabetic Express! Easy testing. Single-function buttons are easy-to-use and understand No more fumbling with individual test strips. One easy-to-load Ascensia "AUTODISC" includes 10 individual test strips with no coding required Comfortable and convenient shape. Fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and is stable for table-top testing too Get accurate results quickly. Automatic coding and underfill detection You need just a tiny blood drop because the test strip automatically draws in the right amount - that's called "Sip-in Sampling" Saves information for up to 100 tests! Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes and Diabetes 123.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Sweet Kids: How to Balance Diabetes Control & Good Nutrition with Family Peace, Second Edition by Betty Page Brackenridge, MS, RD, CDE & Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE.
- Our page about NovoLog insulin is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:01
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.