July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Of Continuing Interest
- Families struggling to pay for diabetes supplies can apply for short-term assistance from Supplies for Children with Diabetes, part of the Children with Diabetes Foundation.
- The ADA is seeking applications for the next National Youth Advocate.
- The Barton Center for Diabetes has two openings for Assistant Camp Director.
New This Week
- The Diabetes Youth Foundation of Indiana is in need of insulin and diabetes supplies to help Russian kids with type 1 diabetes.
- School Care Survey for Families of Children with Diabetes in California Public Schools needed by April 16, 2004.
- The American Diabetes Association has issued an Illinois Call to Action to Support Classroom Testing.
- Families are invited to participate in a study about Adolescents and Chronic Illness.
- Effect of Gender on the Counterregulatory Responses to Exercise after Antecedent Hypoglycemia in Type-1 Diabetes.
- Missed insulin meal boluses and elevated hemoglobin A1c levels in children receiving insulin pump therapy.
- Glycemic parameters with multiple daily injections using insulin glargine versus insulin pump.
- The direct measurement of 3-beta-hydroxy butyrate enhances the management of diabetic ketoacidosis in children and reduces time and costs of treatment. (This study is about the positive impact of using the Precision Extra for blood ketone testing.)
- The lived experience of adolescent females with type 1 diabetes.
- Is carotid ultrasound a useful tool in assessing cardiovascular disease in individuals with diabetes?
- Informal diabetes education: impact on self-management and blood glucose control.
- Little time for diabetes management in the primary care setting.
- Factors associated with adherence to self-monitoring of blood glucose among persons with diabetes.
- The NIH will hold a Consensus Development Conference on Celiac Disease June 28–30, 2004, in Bethesda on the NIH campus.
- Insulin pump maker Animas files to go public.
- Researchers' Goal: Stopping Diabetes Before Kids Get It.
- Transplant to a new flight plan.
- For Zeile, a Reluctant Absence From His Ill Daughter.
- Australia leading in glycemic index awareness.
- Last week's poll asked readers what they use most often to treat low blood sugar. This week's poll asks readers what they or their child get their A1c measured.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Can Mom Have a Piece of My Birthday Cake? written by Rochelle L. Stern, illustrated by Rosalind Orland.
- Our page about Celiac is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.