July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
- Rachel is 13 and just got a pump.
- Valerio is 13 and lives in Rome, Italy.
- New IDYA members include:
- From the United States:
- Carson Brown from Virginia
- Emily Helms from Pennsylvania
- Haley Owen from Texas
- Matthew Cooper from Colorado
- Sujey Diaz
- Stephanie from Ohio
- From Italy:
- Ilaria Romano
- Michela Verzeletti
- Valerio Vacca
- Summer camps for kids with diabetes that have updated information for the 2004 camping season include:
- ADA Summer Camps in Washington State provide camping experiences for kids with diabetes.
- Camp for Diabetic Children of Eastern Quebec (CEDEQ) offers camp for kids in Quebec. (Also in French.)
- Camp Fun in the Sun is a diabetes camp in the Inland Northwest.
- Camp JADA is a summer day camp for kids with diabetes in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Camp Jordan, hosted by Makemie Woods in Barhamsville VA (near Williamsburg VA), is for kids with diabetes.
- Florida's Diabetes Camp sits on 47 acres on the shores of beautiful Lake Winona.
- The Texas Lions Camp in Kerrville, Texas, offers camp for kids with diabetes and other disabilities. The camp is fully paid for by the Texas Lions. The Texas Lions Camp is accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA).
- We deployed a new chat room server on Sunday, April 18th. Guest chatters (the same as all users in the old chat rooms) can now see how many users are in each room, and registered users can see the names of people in each chat room. Cookies must be enabled in your browser to use the new chat rooms.
- Join International Diabetes Youth Ambassadors for their monthly chat on Wednesday, April 28th at 9pm Eastern in the IDYA chat room.
- Many new Support Groups have been added to our list. If you have information about a support group in your area, please let us know.
- Animas has begun shipping its new IR 1200 insulin pump.
- Diabetes: An Emotional Journey is a beautifully hand-bound hardcover book that captures the emotions we parents feel about having a child with diabetes.
- Cerebral dysfunction in type 1 diabetes: effects of insulin, vascular risk factors and blood-glucose levels.
- Predictors for the development of microalbuminuria and macroalbuminuria in patients with type 1 diabetes: inception cohort study. Full text available in PDF format.
- Continued increase in the incidence of childhood Type 1 diabetes in a population-based Australian sample (1985-2002).
- Genotypic and phenotypic differences between Arabian and Scandinavian women with gestational diabetes mellitus.
- Consequences of smoking and caffeine consumption during pregnancy in women with type 1 diabetes.
- Assessment of hypoglycaemia awareness using continuous glucose monitoring.
- Short acting insulin analogues versus regular human insulin in patients with diabetes mellitus.
- Anaemia in diabetes.
- Aventis Receives FDA Approval of its Rapid-Acting Insulin Analogue Apidra®.
- Patient perception and use of an insulin injector/glucose monitor combined device.
- Preparing students with diabetes for life at college.
- Dietary advice for treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults.
- Coeliac disease and schizophrenia: population based case control study with linkage of Danish national registers. See also the dissenting Rapid Responses and the subsequent Author's Reply.
- Families in Ontario, Canada can sign the Petition to Cover Diabetes Management and Insulin Pump Supplies.
- Harvard plans center for disease research.
- Online boost for diabetes service.
- Insulin discovery a lifesaver.
- Diabetic turns adversity into opportunity.
- Diabetes club at school helps kids learn and cope.
- Outlook for people with diabetes can be hopeful once disease is under control.
- Nickey's not complaining.
- Smitherman enjoying the journey.
- FDLTCC student play helps teach lessons about type 2 diabetes.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Metrika Announce Exclusive U.S. Supply Agreement for A1cNow® Diabetes Monitor.
- Last week's poll asked readers how they dispose of sharps at home. This week's poll asks readers where they or their child usually get blood for blood glucose tests.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Cooking Up Fun For Kids With Diabetes by Patti Geil and Tami Ross.
- Our Report from the ADA 2003 Scientific Sessions is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.