July 14-17, 2004
Sheraton Universal, Universal City, California
Come early and participate in a Focus Group
September 3-5, 2004
The Westin Grand, Washington, D.C.
- Clare Rosenfeld is a CWD Graduate.
- The Chip for Charity Golf Outing in Columbus, Ohio on August 24, 2004 benefits the Children with Diabetes Foundation.
- Rev. Ray's 2004 Bike Trip Across America describes the 3,500-mile bicycle journey of Reverend Ray Deuring from the Richfield United Church of Christ in Richfield, Ohio. Reverend Ray's trip starts in San Diego, California and finishes in St. Augustine, Florida, and he'll be riding from May to June 2004. He is donating sponsorship to JDRF in honor of Stephanie, a CWD IDYA.
- Egypt's Portal for Diabetes offers diabetes information in Arabic and English.
- Lara Takes Charge is a new book for young kids with diabetes.
- Pump Wear Inc. is offering a monthly drawing for a free insulin pump pak.
- A randomized trial of nicotinamide and vitamin E in children with recent onset type 1 diabetes (IMDIAB IX).
- The Prevalence of Diabetic Retinopathy Among Adult Type 1 Diabetic Persons in the United States. See also The Prevalence of Diabetic Retinopathy Among Adults in the United States and Development and progression of diabetic retinopathy in patients with Type 1 diabetes who are positive for GAD autoantibody.
- Influence of Autonomic Neuropathy on QTc Interval Lengthening During Hypoglycemia in Type 1 Diabetes.
- Clinical Characteristics of Children Diagnosed With Type 1 Diabetes Through Intensive Screening and Follow-Up.
- Patient Satisfaction and Glycemic Control After 1 Year With Inhaled Insulin (Exubera) in Patients With Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes.
- Reduced Mortality Associated With the Use of ACE Inhibitors in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes.
- Biological Variation in HbA1c Predicts Risk of Retinopathy and Nephropathy in Type 1 Diabetes. See also 2 tests better to gauge diabetes.
- Vascular endothelium and inflammatory process, in patients with combined Type 2 diabetes mellitus and coronary atherosclerosis: the effects of vitamin C.
- In vitro-generation of surrogate islets from adult stem cells.
- Insulin analogues (insulin detemir and insulin aspart) versus traditional human insulins (NPH insulin and regular human insulin) in basal-bolus therapy for patients with Type 1 diabetes.
- Lower Within-Subject Variability of Insulin Detemir in Comparison to NPH Insulin and Insulin Glargine in People With Type 1 Diabetes.
- A questionnaire survey on the use of quick-acting insulin analog in Japanese children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Accuracy of blood glucose estimation by children with diabetes: an investigation of repeated practice with growth curve modeling.
- Forearm blood glucose testing in diabetes mellitus.
- The Coping Styles of Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes Are Associated With Degree of Metabolic Control .
- An initial evaluation of the design of pediatric psychology consultation service with children with diabetes.
- Management of diabetes in childhood: are children small adults?
- Oral Hypoglycemic Agents in Pregnancy.
- Glyburide for the treatment of gestational diabetes.
- Younger Age at Onset and Sex Predict Celiac Disease in Children and Adolescents With Type 1 Diabetes.
- Celiac: Is Wheat Making You Sick?
- Mother of sons with celiac leads support group in Ames.
- Celiac Disease Affects Local Family.
- ADA and HHS Host Diabetes Town Hall Meeting, June 18th in Little Rock, Arkansas.
- Dilemma over stem cells.
- Geauga children's camp gets gift for playing Cupid.
- Technology helps children cope with a once deadly disease.
- Goreville Student Excels Despite Diabetes.
- Mother Turns Herself In After Being Charged With Murder. See also Mother faces murder charge and Interview With Ariel Botzet's Father.
- Women with diabetes bond together.
- Tired of seeing child with diabetes discriminated against.
- Concord woman adds stylish touch to medical jewelry.
- Hospital opens clinic for children with adult diabetes.
- Insulin analogues insulin detemir (Levemir®) and NovoRapid® [NovoLog in the US ed] are superior to traditional treatments according to a new study.
- Last week's poll asked readers when they last refilled their glucagon prescription. This week's poll asks readers if they are stocking up on diabetes supplies in light of increased world tensions.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Great Temptations: Recipes for People with Celiac Disease and Diabetes by Kathryn Manraj.
- Our Care Suggestions are Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:02
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.