Of Continuing Interest
- Applications for the Ascensia Dream Fund are due by September 10, 2004. If you're 18 or older and have diabetes, you could win $150,000 to pursue your dream.
New This Week
- Diabetes Police or Diabetes Support: What's the Story in Your Family?
- AgaMatrix, consumer medical device company based in Cambridge, Massachusetts that develops and manufactures blood glucose monitoring products for the diabetes market, has several fall internship openings.
- Nocturnal hypertension: will control of nighttime blood pressure prevent progression of diabetic renal disease?
- Cholesterol metabolism in type 1 diabetes.
- Advances in Diabetes for the Millennium: Toward a Cure for Diabetes. (Free registration required)
- Improvement of the Quality of Diabetes Control and Decrease in the Concentrations of AGE-products in Patients with Type 1 and Insulin-treated Type 2 Diabetes mellitus - Results from a 10 Year-prospective, Population-based Survey on the Quality of Diabetes Care in Germany (JEVIN).
- Carnitine deficiency in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Procurement of the human pancreas for pancreatic islet transplantation.
- Pancreatic Transplantation: Beta Cell Replacement.
- Relationship between antipsychotic medication treatment and new cases of diabetes among psychiatric inpatients.
- Infant diet and type 1 diabetes in China.
- Dietary habits and nutritional biomarkers in Italian type 1 diabetes families: evidence of unhealthy diet and combined-vitamin-deficient intakes.
- Is TAP2*0102 allele involved in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (type 1) protection?
- HLA DR phenotypic frequencies and genetic risk of Type 1 diabetes in west region of Algeria, Tlemcen.
- The genetics of HLA-associated disease.
- A randomized, controlled study of insulin pump therapy in diabetic preschoolers.
- Quality of life and coping behaviour in Type 1 diabetes mellitus: relationship with metabolic control.
- Glycemia and the quality of well-being in patients with diabetes.
- Body Composition in Adolescents with Type 1 Diabetes: Aspects of Glycaemic Control and Insulin Sensitivity.
- Serious illness in childhood: The different threats of cancer and diabetes from a parent perspective.
- The postprandial glucose profile in the diabetic pregnancy.
- Can education during pregnancy improve the perinatal outcome in diabetic pregnancies?
- Effect of iron deficiency anemia on the levels of hemoglobin a1c in nondiabetic patients.
- Embryonic Pig Cell Transplants Halt Rat Diabetes: Procedure Requires No Immune Suppression Drugs.
- Duluth’s Farrell fights through digestive disease.
- Is your child suffering from celiac disease?
- Grad's Breakthrough Artificial Pancreas May Help Diabetics.
- Diabetes holds no fear for Hewlett.
- Athlete beats his diabetes, opponents.
- ISU student earns award for overcoming hardship.
- Day by Day; Type 1 diabetes patients manage disease that has no cure.
- Mr. Diabetes walks through N.D.
- Why am I still getting the needle?
- Smiths Medical MD begins shipping CozMore(TM) Insulin Technology System.
- 2004 Olympic Gold-Medalist Swimmer Gary Hall Jr. Joins Forces with BD to Inspire Americans to Improve Their Diabetes Care.
- Cygnus Offers Special Price Promotion for GlucoWatch G2® Biographer Products.
- New Imaging Technology Shown to Detect Early Signs of Type 1 Diabetes in Animal Models.
- This week's Humorous Tidbit is:
My son was at the endo yesterday and the nurse was commenting on his high readings lately. The nurse commented, "It looks like the honeymoon is over." Robbie (age 6) replied, "It can't be, I don't even have a wife yet!"
- Last week's poll asked readers about their insulin regimen. This week's poll asks readers about where their child performs blood tests while at school.
- FreeStyle Flash blood glucose monitoring system. Now test with the world's smallest meter! Free when you purchase a minimum of 50 FreeStyle test strips! Free Data Cable for your computer via mail in offer. Please visit Diabetic Express to see our complete line of over 1000 other Diabetes supplies. Diabetic Express is the proud Online Store partner of Children with Diabetes.
- The Featured Book of the Week is Can Mom Have a Piece of My Birthday Cake? by Rochelle L. Stern.
- Our Report from the 2004 Annual American Association of Diabetes Educators Meeting is Worth a Look.
Watch for the indicator throughout the web site. You'll know you found something that's new to these pages. You can also click on it to return to this page.
Receive the What's New page via E-mail Receive an e-mail copy of the What's New page each Sunday evening by visiting the What's New Subscription Page and filling out the registration form. It's that easy to stay informed about what's new at the web site.
Previous Week's What's New Lists.
|Return to the Top of This Page|
Last Updated: Thursday January 22, 2015 14:28:03
This Internet site provides information of a general nature and is designed for educational purposes only. If you have any concerns about your own health or the health of your child, you should always consult with a physician or other health care professional.
This site is published by T-1 Today, Inc. (d/b/a Children with Diabetes), a 501c3 not-for-profit organization, which is responsible for its contents. Our mission is to provide education and support to families living with type 1 diabetes.
© Children with Diabetes, Inc. 1995-2018. Comments and Feedback.