100 Years – 100 Days – $100,000
August 6, 2021 – November 14, 2021
This year, 2021, marks a significant anniversary for the world and the insulin-dependent community; It has been 100 years since the discovery of insulin.
100 Years of Us
100 Years of Us is CWD’s Fall 2021 Campaign to support the Friends for Life Conferences and Scholarship Fund! We want to use this milestone anniversary to recognize everything we can do as a community – whether it’s ride a bike, run a race, knit gloves, paint, or even star in a musical in NYC – diabetes doesn’t hold us back.
We invite you to share your story and be featured on CWD’s website and social media channels. Use #100YearsOfUS to follow along. The campaign officially kicks off on August 6, 2021.
Why should you support 100 Years of Us?
By supporting this campaign, you can give the gift of Friends for Life (FFL). Friends for Life began 22 years ago when Laura Billetdeaux asked CWD families if they wanted to vacation together. That gathering turned into the conference it is today. Friends for Life is not just for children. FFL includes adults with diabetes, grandparents, significant others, young adults, teens, tweens, elementary-aged children, toddlers, and siblings of all ages. Friends for Life brings together all kinds of people affected by diabetes, providing support and education for children, adults, caregivers, spouses, and friends. There’s no limit to our community, or to the inspiration, you’ll find here.
100 Years of Us is a fundraising challenge. Grab your Fiffles (the official shorthand for your “friends for life”) and create a team fundraiser OR do something on your own to showcase your unique talents!
- Participating in a local 10K
- Create a themed basket and set a donation amount as entry to win
- Sell and ship your grandma’s (or your own) famous pies to raise donations
- Ride your bike 50 miles on World Diabetes Day (November 14)
Teams & Individuals participating in the 100 Years of Us campaign will have the opportunity to win the following:
Most Individual Donations to a Team or Individual
- Free registration for four at the next in-person Friends for Life Orlando Conference (or FFL conference of your choice)
- VIP table for eight at the Friends & Family Banquet at FFL Orlando 2022
- CWD challenge coins
Most Raised by a Team or Individual
- Free registration for four (4) at the next in-person Friends for Life Orlando Conference (or FFL conference of your choice)
- VIP table for eight (8) at the Friends & Family Banquet at FFL Orlando 2022
- CWD challenge coins
All Individuals raising over $1,000 will receive a CWD challenge coin and some of our signature CWD swag!
Participate and give now at cwd.is/100Years