The Children with Diabetes team believes firmly in the power of good science, and we want to keep our community up-to-date on the latest research opportunities. Check out the links below to see some current studies that are recruiting, and be sure to subscribe to our What’s New newsletter to get the latest in diabetes research, daily care information, legislative news, and the buzz from the diabetes online community.
- The Bihormonal iLet Bionic Pancreas Feasibility Study is recruiting for a home-use study testing the Gen 3.2 iLet bionic pancreas system in the insulin-only configuration and the bihormonal configuration with dasiglucagion in 10 adult subjects (≥ 18 years old) with type 1 diabetes in a random-order crossover study under real-world conditions.
- A team from Ohio University seeks parents of children with diabetes for a study on Parents’ Experiences with Caring for Children with Diabetes
- Mannkind Corporation is conducting a study on Afrezza Safety and Pharmacokinetics Study in Pediatric Patients ages 4 to 17 years with type 1 diabetes mellitus
- A team from the University of California Irvine School of Medicine is conducting a survey of people with type 1 and their families about their thoughts on implantable devices to help guide their research
- Tidepool is recruiting Loop users for an observational study.
- A team from UMass is studying peer mentor measures for parents raising youth with T1D and/or youth and/or young adults with T1D.
- The College Diabetes Network and Boston College are conducting a survey on the emotional burden of T1D. Young adults (ages 18 – 30) are eligible.