Looking to participate in a clinical trial to help move the needle on diabetes research in 2020? Here are some trials that are currently looking for participants, or will be in the very near future:
- ClinicalTrials.gov will soon be recruiting for the Prepivotal Omnipod Horizon Automated Glucose Control System.
- A research team is seeking users of DIY AP systems as part of a study on how to integrate these systems into clinical care. Adults with T1D & Parents of Children with T1D: Are you an OpenAPS or AndroidAPS DIY AP user or ex-user? If so, please email Professor Katharine Barnard-Kelly PhDat for study details. (Note: This study is not open to people who are Looping.)
- T1D Exchange is conducting interviews with older adults (over age 55) with type 1 diabetes and caregivers of older adults to better understand the challenges, needs, and barriers that older adults with type 1 diabetes and their caregivers face in the United States.
- A new clinical trial, funded by JDRF, has been established to explore the combination of insulin, an SGLT inhibitor called dapagliflozin and approved for use in adults with T1D and the GLP-1 receptor semaglutide in adults with T1D.
- A clinical trial at the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at UB is seeking patients aged 18-65 with type 1 diabetes for a study regarding supplemental therapies.
- A team from Ohio University seeks parents of children with diabetes for a study on Parents’ Experiences with Caring for Children with Diabetes
- Mannkind Corporation is conducting a study on Afrezza Safety and Pharmacokinetics Study in Pediatric Patients ages 4 to 17 years with type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Tidepool is recruiting Loop users for an observational study.
- Be a part of the T1D Exchange Registry to help accelerate discovery and the development of new treatments, and can potentially inform policy and insurance decisions.