One-Pan Baked Chicken
One pan means easier clean-up for this savory dish.
- casserole dish
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (or chicken thighs)
- 1 1/2 tbsp oil (divided)
- 1 cup chopped, canned tomatoes
- 3 or 4 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Add one (1) tablespoon oil, chopped tomatoes, and all seasonings to a medium sized casserole dish. Stir until combined.
- Add chopped carrots, onion, and garlic and spread throughout the sauce.
- Salt and pepper chicken on both sides.
- Layer chicken on top of vegetables.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of oil on top of the chicken breast.
- Bake in the oven for 45 - 50 minutes. Check internal temperature to ensure it has reached 165°.
- Let it cool for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Serve on its own, or on a bed of rice of greens. Store in the fridge for up to five (5) days.
Calories: 179kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 24gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 423mgPotassium: 420mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 53IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 6mgIron: 1mg