Lg Cwd
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

DTeam Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

August 31, 2002

Community Resources

Question from Carlisle, Cumbria, England:

At the moment, my friend gets free insulin and syringes from the National Health service here in the UK, but he is about to emigrate to Greece and would like to know If he can get these free there. Greece is a member state of the European Community so we are entitled to the same health care as Greek people, So far no-one can tell us, but I know that a few of


Your friend should contact the British Diabetes Association either by mail or through the web site. The Greek Embassy in London should also be able to answer his questions.


[Editor’s comment: Your friend could also contact the Hellenic Diabetologic Association, 4 Papadiamandopoulou Street, 11528 Athens, Greece Tel. 30- 1/7211845.