Lg Cwd
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

CWD Answers Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

April 15, 2019

School and Daycare, Social Issues: School and Daycare

Question from Baltimore, Maryland, USA:

Can you direct me to the best information sources so we can work together with the high school staff (who don’t seem to know exactly what to do) to apply to College Board for testing accommodations for my 16 year old granddaughter. She is a 10th grader and newly diagnosed with type 1 diabetes.


From: DTeam Staff

The American Diabetes Association has some pertinent information on their website at http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/parents-and-kids/diabetes-care-at-school/special-considerations/standardized-testing.html or you may wish to contact them at 1-800-DIABETES.

Additional information is available at https://accommodations.collegeboard.org/iep-504-eligibility.