Lg Cwd
icon-nav-help
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

icon-nav-current-questions
Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

icon-conf-speakers-at-a-glance
Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

icon-nav-archives
DTeam Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

icon-question-mark
July 24, 2003

Diagnosis and Symptoms, Hypoglycemia

Question from Florissant, Missouri, USA:

I'm 36 years old, and since the birth of my fifth child, if I don't eat every few hours, I feel breathless, get a shaky feeling inside and I feel I need something sweet to eat or drink or I'll pass out. After a meal, I crave something sweet, and then a couple of hours later I don't feel right and have to get something to eat to feel better. I don't drink or urinate more than usual. I've always been a healthy person, but this really concerns me since it goes on every day and is worse around my period. Should I go to the doctor?

Answer:

Yes, you should consult a doctor and soon. It must be very uncomfortable to feel this way, and you need to find out exactly what it is and what you can do to get better.

JS

[Editor’s comment: Your symptoms do not match the usual symptoms diabetes; they might represent hypoglycemia.

WWQ]