Lg Cwd
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

DTeam Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

March 21, 2005

Daily Care, Traveling

Question from Tavistock, Devon, England:

I would like to travel to Australia for six months to a year. I'm concerned about how to manage my diabetes within this time. Do I need to take insulin supplies with me? Do I need to get a specialist while I'm there? How do I go about doing all of this?


I don’t know the precise procedure but your general practitioner should be able to advise you. However, you certainly don’t have to carry a six month insulin supply. I suggest you contact the Australian Embassy in London.


[Editor’s comment: See also a previous question about travel to Australia.