Lg Cwd
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

DTeam Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

July 5, 2002


Question from Norman, Oklahoma, USA:

I'm getting ready to do some traveling in Europe over the summer, and I'm taking NPH and Regular. What do I need to be able to buy my insulin in England? Do I need a prescription from my doctor here?


You would need a prescription written by a U.K. registered physician to obtain insulin. You should therefore take all the supplies you need with you. If there was a crisis, you could get this at any hospital emergency room or from any family doctor’s office, especially if you had with you a prescription from your own doctor. R ands NPH are both available.


[Editor’s comment: Also see Also see our Flying With Diabetes Supplies and Traveling with Diabetes pages.