Lg Cwd
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

DTeam Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

May 30, 2000


Question from Tennessee, USA:

My 13 year old just had a lab test done that reported an insulin level more than double of what is normal. What name is given to this? What are the treatments and where can I find information about this?


I think that you really need to talk first of all to your son’s doctor and perhaps to the doctor running the laboratory. Without knowing why the insulin levels were asked for, what the actual figures were, what the standard error in the lab is for that test, the circumstances in which the test was carried out and so on, it would be very unwise to pass any judgement on this one result.