Lg Cwd
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

DTeam Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

September 26, 2003


Question from Bidwell, Ohio, USA:

My boyfriend has diabetes and has no health insurance, and they won't give him a medical card. He cannot go to the doctor to get his medicine, and he cannot afford to pay for it. He has a hospital bill and cannot go back until he pays it? What can he do to be able to get his medicine and go to the doctor? I am very worried about him because he has been feeling really bad. I am scared that something is going to happen to him. Is there anything at all we can do?


Two options that come to mind:

Your friend should contact the local government social services agency to see if he qualifies for Medicaid.
Your friend should take a job, any job, that offers health insurance.


[Editor’s comment: Also, see Financial Aid and Paying for diabetes expenses at the Diabetes Monitor.