Lg Cwd
icon-nav-help
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

icon-nav-current-questions
Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

icon-conf-speakers-at-a-glance
Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

icon-nav-archives
DTeam Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

icon-question-mark
September 20, 2000

Meal Planning, Food and Diet

Question from Panama:

My four year old son was diagnosed several months ago. So far he's still in the honeymoon stage, and I haven't had to be terribly strict about his diet in order to keep things in control, but I know this stage isn't going to last, and I need to be working on getting him on the proper diet. Unfortunately, the only dietitians in the town where I live are from the old school of thought, and the diet they recommended would be impossible for an adult, let alone a little boy. I have been reading the book Sweet Kids and couldn't agree more that with children, the diet must be tailored to the child's appetite, and not vice-versa. Is there any organization that would be able to work out a diet for my son over the Internet, if I gave them all the pertinent information? I'm sure my son's doctor would be willing to cooperate.

Answer:

I do not know of such an organization.

LSF

[Editor’s comment: How about if you show the Sweet Kids book to your son’s doctor, and have him/her insist to the dietitians that they follow the concepts in that book?

WWQ]