Lg Cwd
Need Help

Submit your question to our team of health care professionals.

Current Question

See what's on the mind of the community right now.

Meet the Team

Learn more about our world-renowned team.

DTeam Archives

Review the entire archive according to the date it was posted.

December 30, 2004


Question from St. Petersburg, Florida, USA:

We recently relocated and need to find a doctor. I have the American Medical Association locater web site, but is there a better way to search for pediatricians/endocrinologists who work with diabetic children? How do I check their licenses for any disciplinary action?


If you’re looking for a pediatric endocrinologist, the Lawson Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society (LWPES) web site allows you to search by city and/or state. In order to be a member of the society, one must meet the following criteria:

Two years of formal fellowship in pediatric endocrinology or metabolism.

Continued interest, activity and contribution in the field for one or more years.

Applicants with formal fellowship training in fields other than pediatric endocrinology and metabolism must have two years of postdoctoral training and four years of continued research in areas relevant to pediatric endocrinology and metabolism.

Two letters of recommendation from active members of the Society.

Two publications in a peer reviewed journal or certified in Pediatric Endocrinology.