Welcome to Screenside Chats with CWD! This twice-a-month webinar series brings diabetes clinicians, researchers, and community members directly to YOU. This page will be updated regularly with upcoming webinar details, so check back often to see who's scheduled to talk with our team next!
Screenside Chats take place every other Sunday evening at 7 pm Eastern.
Scroll down to read the full, upcoming chat descriptions!
Screenside Chat for August 1, 2021
Getting Ready for Back to School - The Powerful Partnership between Parents, Doctors, and Nurses for Advocacy, Plans & Glucagon
with Tanya Morris, T1D Parent & Advocate
and Brian Morris, T1D Parent & Advocate
Sunday, August 1, 2021, at 7 pm ET / 4 am PT
Join T1D parents Brian Morris & Tanya Morris and their medical team from NYU for a discussion on advocating for your child as you prepare to head into a new school year. (This chat is in partnership with Xeris Pharmaceuticals.)
Tanya Morris, T1D Parent & Advocate
Brian Morris, T1D Parent & Advocate
Previous Screenside Chats
- Why Everyone on Insulin Should Have a Glucagon Prescription
- Updates from the DRIF
- Friends for Life 2021
- Surviving an Everest Avalanche
- Insulin for Life with Carol Atkinson
- Our Common Community: Talking About T1D & T2D
- Talking About Bolusing for Fat & Protein with Dr. Laya Ekhlaspour
- The PANTHER Program, with Cari Berget, RN, CDCES
- The International Diabetes Federation's Young Leaders in Diabetes Program
- Keeping an Eye on Your Eyes, with Ben Szirth, PhD
- Being the Significant Other, with Liz Dodson and Matt Point (no video recording for this chat)
- An Update from T1D Exchange, with CEO Dave Walton
- Diabetes and SARS-COV2: An Update, with Dr. Rayhan Lal
- Updates on TrialNet, with Dr. Carla Greenbaum
- Diabetes and Mental Wellness, with Jessie J. Wong, PhD
- Diversity in Diabetes, with Quisha Umemba, MPH, BSN, RN, CDCES
- Making Food Make Sense, with Kim Rose, RDN, CDE
- Talking About Kids' Mental Health, with Laura Smith, PhD, CDE
- Getting the Upper Hand Over Your Diabetes, with Chris Ruden
- Language Matters: Reducing Diabetes Stigma with Renza Scibilia, Chris "Grumpy" Pumper, and Sana Ajmal
- Safe at School + COVID-19 with Crystal Woodward and Dr. Anastasia Albanese-O’Neill
- So You’re Managing Diabetes During a Pandemic with William H. Polonsky, PhD, CDCES
- Diagnosed Twice, with Phyllisa Deroze
- Get Excited About Friends for Life with Jeff Hitchcock and Laura Billetdeaux
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Tandem Diabetes Care and the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump But Didn't Know Who to Ask
- Talking About Tidepool Loop and Telemedicine with Howard Look
- Advocating Safely, with Cynthia Deitle, JD, LLM, and Leigh Fickling MEd, MS, JD
- Dr. Steven Edelman on Diabetes Devices, COVID-19, and Telemedicine
- Trang Ly, MBBS, FRACP, PhD, Senior Vice President and Medical Director at Insulet
- Diversity and Inclusion in the DOC, with Cherise Shockley
- Sicks Days and Stress Days with Dr. Jamie Wood
- Sugar Surfing, with Dr. Stephen Ponder
We appreciate your support.
If you would like to support our mission and our efforts to keep our community connected in the age of social distancing, you can make a gift here.
Thank you for your support. We are in this together, because now - more than ever - caring for diabetes is easier when we do it together.