Welcome to Screenside Chats with CWD! This twice-a-month webinar series brings diabetes clinicians, researchers, and community members directly to YOU. This page will be updated regularly with upcoming webinar details, so check back often to see who's scheduled to talk with our team next!
Webinars take place every other Sunday evening at 7 pm.
Scroll down to read the full, upcoming chat descriptions!
Screenside Chat for March 14, 2021
Keeping an Eye on Your Eyes
with Dr. Bernard Szirth
Sunday, March 14, 2021 at 7 pm ET / 4 pm PT
For people with diabetes, it is so important to keep an eye on the health of your eyes. Join world-renowned expert, Dr. Bernard Szirth (aka "Dr. Ben") and CWD's Clinical Director, Marissa Town, RN, BSN, CDCES, for an informative discussion about advances in early detection for eye disease. Dr. Ben will be taking questions from the audience, so don't miss this Screenside Chat!
Ben Szirth, PhD, is the Director of Applied Vision Research Laboratory at the New Jersey Medical School and the Program Director of the Ophthalmic Telemedicine Program, a community base outreach service addressing the homeless and low income families of New Jersey. His main research interest is in advanced imaging devices that can detect early signs of diabetes, glaucoma and age related macular degeneration. He holds three patents in the field of ophthalmology and has published over 50 peer review papers in the area of ocular imaging in English, Japanese, Spanish and French. Dr. Szirth has lectured in over 25 Countries in Hungarian (native language), English, French, Italian and Japanese.
Previous Screenside Chats
- Being the Significant Other, with Liz Dodson and Matt Point (no video recording for this chat)
- An Update from T1D Exchange, with CEO Dave Walton
- Diabetes and SARS-COV2: An Update, with Dr. Rayhan Lal
- Updates on TrialNet, with Dr. Carla Greenbaum
- Diabetes and Mental Wellness, with Jessie J. Wong, PhD
- Diversity in Diabetes, with Quisha Umemba, MPH, BSN, RN, CDCES
- Making Food Make Sense, with Kim Rose, RDN, CDE
- Talking About Kids' Mental Health, with Laura Smith, PhD, CDE
- Getting the Upper Hand Over Your Diabetes, with Chris Ruden
- Language Matters: Reducing Diabetes Stigma with Renza Scibilia, Chris "Grumpy" Pumper, and Sana Ajmal
- Safe at School + COVID-19 with Crystal Woodward and Dr. Anastasia Albanese-O’Neill
- So You’re Managing Diabetes During a Pandemic with William H. Polonsky, PhD, CDCES
- Diagnosed Twice, with Phyllisa Deroze
- Get Excited About Friends for Life with Jeff Hitchcock and Laura Billetdeaux
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Tandem Diabetes Care and the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump But Didn't Know Who to Ask
- Talking About Tidepool Loop and Telemedicine with Howard Look
- Advocating Safely, with Cynthia Deitle, JD, LLM, and Leigh Fickling MEd, MS, JD
- Dr. Steven Edelman on Diabetes Devices, COVID-19, and Telemedicine
- Trang Ly, MBBS, FRACP, PhD, Senior Vice President and Medical Director at Insulet
- Diversity and Inclusion in the DOC, with Cherise Shockley
- Sicks Days and Stress Days with Dr. Jamie Wood
- Sugar Surfing, with Dr. Stephen Ponder
We appreciate your support.
If you would like to support our mission and our efforts to keep our community connected in the age of social distancing, you can make a gift here.
Thank you for your support. We are in this together, because now - more than ever - caring for diabetes is easier when we do it together.