Phyllisa Deroze is a global diabetes patient advocate from Florida. She began blogging at DiagnosedNOTdefeated.com almost immediately after being diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in 2011. Last summer, however, she learned that she has type 1 diabetes and spent the past eight years misdiagnosed. In addition to her blog, she founded Black Diabetic Info; a website dedicated to increasing cultural-competent diabetes information. Phyllisa has graced the cover of Health Monitor magazine and been featured in Diabetic Living, Diabetes Focus, and others magazines and newsletters. Her passion for diabetes lifestyle advocacy can be seen in her YouTube vlogs, social media posts, in-person workshops, published essays, and keynote speeches that she has given in five countries. Her motto "Diagnosed Not Defeated," is an inspiration for anyone diagnosed with diabetes and takes on new meaning for her after being diagnosed with diabetes twice.
Now, more than ever, it's important to stay connected with your community. During these times when we can't get together in person, we'll connect via our own fireside chat-style webinars.
We'll be hosting webinars every other Sunday afternoon at 3 pm ET / noon PT. Come hang out with the CWD staff and our slate of special guests! Check back often for announcements of next webinars and even some pop-up hang outs!
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay connected, CWD family. We're here for you, now and always.
- Get Excited About Friends for Life with Jeff Hitchcock and Laura Billetdeaux (video coming soon!)
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Tandem Diabetes Care and the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump But Didn't Know (video coming soon!)
- Talking About Tidepool Loop and Telemedicine with Howard Look
- Advocating Safely, with Cynthia Deitle, JD, LLM, and Leigh Fickling MEd, MS, JD
- Dr. Steven Edelman on Diabetes Devices, COVID-19, and Telemedicine
- Trang Ly, MBBS, FRACP, PhD, Senior Vice President and Medical Director at Insulet
- Diversity and Inclusion in the DOC, with Cherise Shockley
- Sicks Days and Stress Days with Dr. Jamie Wood
- Sugar Surfing, with Dr. Stephen Ponder
We appreciate your support.
If you would like to support our mission and our efforts to keep our community connected in the age of social distancing, you can make a gift here.
Thank you for your support. We are in this together, because now - more than ever - caring for diabetes is easier when we do it together.